Tuesday, January 17, 2012

10w3d: First OB Appointment

We got a referral from Dr. NFB for an OB. I'm sure the OB/GYN I saw prior to moving to the RE would be fine for obstetrics, but we just had too bad of a taste in our mouths from everything related to how they initially handled our infertility. We needed a fresh start.

The new obstetrician, Dr. B (she doesn't have a nickname yet), is located at the hospital where we will deliver. We arrived and started the OB appointment routine: pee in a cup, get weighed, have blood pressure checked. The assistant said I will do this at every appointment. Easy enough.

We were then moved to an exam room. Dr. B came in and talked to us first. Without any prompting, she made us feel much more comfortable by saying that a twin pregnancy is not the same as a singleton pregnancy and would need to be treated differently. She said we would also be seen by a maternal-fetal medicine doctor (MFM) who is a specialist for high risk pregnancies. Dr. B answered all of our questions and we didn't feel rushed at all. We were super happy with her. 

I was due for my annual exam so she did that first and then surprised us with a quick ultrasound. She didn't take any measurements or track the heart beats, but it was clear everything looked fine. Both hearts were beating. Baby A was a little sleepy but wiggled a little. Baby B was doing jumping jacks! The little thing balled up and then pushed out its legs. It was the coolest thing we've ever seen.

Much easier to see little arms and legs now

Baby B on left, A on right. You can see Baby B's legs stretched out here.
I wish this was a video - Baby B was bouncing all around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment