Sunday, June 10, 2012

31 weeks: Revenge of the Chocolate 'Shake'

Thankfully, it has been a pretty uneventful pregnancy week. I'll just give some highlights:
  • Protein shakes seek revenge: About 20 minutes after I posted about my distaste for protein shakes last week, I knocked a FULL glass of chocolate goo onto our new carpet. After lots of sopping up using every dishtowel in our house (seriously, I think this is the first time I've done a load of laundry that was just dishtowels), and pouring water over it and vacuuming with the shop vac repeatedly, I think we got most of it out. Carpet is still a little bit crunchy. There's karma for you. 
  • Tdap vaccine: Check!! The new CDC guidelines for who should have the vaccine now includes pregnant women in the third trimester. I checked with my OB first and she highly encouraged me to get it done now. I really wanted to get the pertussis portion before the babies arrived. No side effects besides a sore arm and the comfort of knowing I won't accidentally pass on pertussis to my babies before they can be immunized.
  • Discovered my daily energy exertion limit is one errand and one meal out. Last week we ran to Old Navy so I could pick up some comfortable cotton gym-type shorts for hanging around the house (NOT maternity pants with the hot, itchy panel) and then out to lunch. Neither of these involved a ton of walking. On the way back home, we swung by the grocery store for a few items. By the time I walked into the store I had to wave the white flag and waddle back out to the car while Chris did the shopping. I just could not move anymore. Too much ligament pulling in my belly and I felt really light headed. We got home and I took an hour and a half nap. I am SO grateful to be on orders to work from home as I'm not sure I could get a full day in the office anymore.
31w0d
Happily wearing my new shorts! This is one of my
last maternity shirts that still covers my entire belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment