Monday, June 4, 2012

29w-30w: Protein 'Shakes' Are Gross

Things have been pretty uneventful since I started working from home. It has really helped the contractions. I had an OB appointment at 29w6d and everything is still looking great. She took a quick look at the babies and we saw baby girl kicking her legs and baby boy practicing his breathing. The best part - they were both head down!! I would love for them to stay this way so we could avoid starting with a c-section, but I know there is plenty of time for them to flip (and flip back).

I was warned by the dietitian at 10 weeks that I wouldn't be able to eat enough to store any extra weight by 28 weeks. I honestly thought she was crazy because I was so hungry at the time. Well, she was right. I have very little appetite anymore. The babies must have crowded out my stomach. I'm still eating, of course, but I just don't have the desire to eat like I did a few weeks ago.

I'm trying to drink protein shakes to make sure I at least keep that up. Only I have a bone to pick with whoever had the indecency to label these as "shakes". What do you think of when someone offers you a shake? Hmm...ice cream, milk, maybe chopped up Oreos, blended together in a frosty tin with a big red straw. Yeah, that would be delicious. These disgusting protein goos come in cartons with warnings to refrigerate for palatability and to shake well before serving. Well, I guess that answers my question as to why theses are called shakes - that last little instruction tipped the marketing team off to damn near false advertising.

Mmmm, doesn't that look appetizing? Please feel free to swing on
by anytime for a drink. I'll even refrigerate it for you.

29w1d
Now refusing to wear paneled pants. Too hot and
my belly has actually outgrown a couple of them.

30w2d
Chris was happy to see a return of the curly hair. There have
been a couple days where I decided not to spend the time to straighten it.


3 comments:

  1. looking great! Protein shakes are icky, oh the things we do for our kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well - I love your curly hair!!!!

    Can you blend those things up with ice??? add a drop of Kahlua??? - well maybe you can't do that - but the babies might like it better too!

    Love you!
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gross...but we do lots of unpleasant things (and it doesn't end at childbirth) for our kids. Blech.

    I never would've guessed you had curly hair--how cute! You still look great!

    ReplyDelete