Saturday, May 19, 2012

28w0d: OB Appointment

By all pregnancy charts, we are officially in the third trimester. Who knew trimester definitions were so ambiguous? I've read 26w6d, 27w3d, and 28w0d as the start of the third tri. I suppose I could throw another one in there if I took my full gestation of 38 weeks and divided it by three. But really, it doesn't matter.

I had a planned OB check-up yesterday. I didn't move it up after the visit to L&D because I felt fine and the contractions were staying at their normal frequency of ~4 or so per hour. Everything is looking great - weight, blood pressure, minimal swelling. It's just these darn contractions. I love the way our MFM described it on Wednesday. He said, "Your uterus is pissed off." No truer words could sum up this problem.

The doctor decided it was best to put me on modified rest - an official order to take it easy. Mainly, no more going into the office so I can avoid the commute and walking around the building, and keep my feet up on the couch. I'm not tied down, in fact, she said it is important to keep my blood circulating to avoid clots. I just need to limit physical activity. I'll work from home my normal schedule and can run an errand or go out for a meal on a weekend. But that's about it. Chris already takes care of everything at home (cooking, cleaning, yard work, Lucy chores), so thankfully this isn't too much of an adjustment. She also gave me nifedipine to take as a first try at home if I start having frequent contractions before heading into L&D. Although she was sure to remind me to call the office or head-in if I'm ever concerned or if the contractions feel different in any way.

Keep cooking and growing, babies!

Standing on our deck. I liked the change of scenery, but Chris said
it messes up the consistency of the progression. Also, this reminds him
that the grass needs mowed. So...we took two. See below. 

28w0d

No comments:

Post a Comment