Saturday, May 12, 2012

26 weeks - 27 weeks

Friday, May 4th: OB Appointment
I had a gestational diabetes screening and an anemia check this time. I drank an orange sugary drink before my appointment and they drew blood after one hour. They said they would call if anything was abnormal and I've heard nothing, so I'm going with all is well. A very quick ultrasound of the babies showed Baby A is still breech and Baby B is still head-down. I now start going every two weeks.

Saturday, May 5th: Cap City 1/2 Marathon
No, I didn't run. Chris did! He did an awesome job and I had a great time watching the start and finish (and people watching in between). I'm so proud of him for continuing to run and training for another half. We did this race together last year and had a good time. I think running with him next year might be a bit aggressive, but I hope to run together again soon!

Friday, May 11th: Pediatrician and Breastfeeding Class
We met our pediatrician whose practice came highly recommended. We were very happy and think they will take great care of our babies. Glad to have that checked off our to-do list!

Friday evening we attended a breastfeeding class at our hospital and found it very helpful. Not only was the information great to know, the instructor went through all the resources available at our hospital: lactation consultants who visit after delivery and who are available for 1:1 appointments later, pump rentals and sales, bra fittings, baby weigh stations, and weekly support group for moms and babies.

Other Updates
I'm still having quite a few braxton hicks contractions, which are picking up in frequency. I've had a couple hour-ish long episodes of contractions 3-10 minutes apart. I have been able to stop them with a hot shower. Ugh.

I'm still sleeping pretty well, but definitely running out of energy. Acid reflux and heartburn continue to occur a couple nights per week. My wedding/engagement rings were officially retired. I'm wearing a beautiful ring Allison and Travis gave me (formerly worn on my right hand), but there have been a couple days where it hasn't fit either.

The uninvited comments on the size of my belly keep on coming. This week's theme has been, "you don't look like you are having twins." Um, ok. Do you know what a 26+ week twin belly should look like? Also, you do know that these babies still need to roughly triple their weight and I'm already carrying an extra 28lbs  with another trimester to go? It frustrates me not because I want to look big (trust me on this), but that it seems to imply there is something wrong with the babies. Ah well!

Babies are very active and their little movements are getting stronger! 

26w1d
Not a maternity dress! I found it in my closet and it's super comfortable.

27w0d

No comments:

Post a Comment