Well, 35 days to get to 40 weeks, but they will likely come earlier than that. Based on the last appointment with my OB, she is aiming for evicting them around 38 weeks if they haven't come on their own. There are several different opinions on the matter, but some studies show risks start increasing around 38 weeks for twins. The human uterus is really only made to carry one baby. After a while, it just cannot fully support the nutritional needs of two babies. For some twin moms, this point occurs earlier and is evident by slower or no growth in the babies. This is why we go in for growth scans with the maternal-fetal medicine specialist every four weeks. My ideal situation would be to go into spontaneous labor at 37-38 weeks, but I don't think I can mind control this one. :-)
I was 2cm dilated and 25% effaced last Friday at 35w0d, although this really means nothing as far as labor timing. We have our last growth scan with the MFM this coming Wednesday. That's about it for now!

Well "that thing" will be the two most darling babies !
ReplyDelete