We are so ready to meet these little ones, but there are definitely parts of pregnancy that we'll miss. One of them is sitting on the couch at night watching them move all over. One thing we won't miss is being a spectacle every time we go out in public. We usually make a bet with each other before going in somewhere on how many comments will be made. On Saturday, we went out for our last date night pre-kids. We did not get out unscathed.
We walked in to the restaurant and Chris told the hostess our name and reservation time. Her mouth dropped open and she finally managed to say, "uh...inside or out?" Inside. She led the way to the table and walked between two occupied tables to get to ours. Chris and the hostess slide through fine. I, however, could not. What does one normally do when they cannot fit straight through? Turn sideways. I tried this and quickly realized that was a mistake. The lady at one table started frantically telling her husband to pull in his chair and the lady at the other table just sat there with her mouth open. Ok, cool. I found another route...while everyone inside the restaurant watched. This included one table where three people who previously had their back to me turned around. Awkward. We sat down and the hostess had to come back to ask our name to cross us off the reservations list. Seriously? Apparently "pregnancy brain" hit her hard.
Anyway, we enjoyed our dinner and before standing up to leave I checked that the runway to the exit was clear. It was, but we had to pass through the bar to get out. When we got to the bar, one guy in a group of people gives me the once over and says very loudly, "Oh my god." Which of course makes everyone else look, too. He must have repeated, "Oh my god" four times before we reached the door. THEN he says to his party, "Did you see how big that girl was?" Um, douche bag, this girl still has two working ears. And this cannot possibly be the craziest thing you've ever seen.
We laughed all the way to the car and stopped at the grocery store to pick up ice cream and tylenol PM on the way home (I just now realize how cliche that sounds - ice cream and drugs. For the record, Chris wanted the ice cream and he picked out the flavor).
![]() |
| 37w1d |
![]() |
| With Chris!!! Date night! Notice my use of the hand of the top of the hip? It's supposed to make you look slimmer in pictures. Thought I'd give it a try this week. It didn't work. |


It makes you wonder if people are more rude in the midwest? I can't imagine people talking like that in Seattle...
ReplyDeleteI am looking forward to hearing the news at the end of the week!! So totally exciting! And you look amazing! I'm going to try the hand on the top of the hip next time I'm in a photo!
You are amazing, mama! I am so impressed by you...and shocked at how stupid and rude others are. You are radiant. Best of luck to you this week!!
ReplyDeleteWe're so thankful all is going so well for you. Just a little longer and people will be commenting on your adorable twins instead of your belly. You look happy, healthy and beautiful. Your husband looks mighty fine too. Can't wait for that long anticipated phone call that tells me I'm a grandma. I think about you very often and am praying for an easy labor and delivery.
ReplyDeleteThinking about you all lots this week!
ReplyDelete