Friday, October 26, 2012
Crying Over Spilled Milk
I knew it was only a matter of time before a bottle of pumped breastmilk was spilled, but it didn't make it feel any better. The babies each receive bottles of 2-3 oz of pumped breastmilk with 2-3oz of formula for most feedings. For the past couple days I've been setting aside an ounce or so per pumping session so I have enough to send with the babies to their first day of daycare. This afternoon I was putting together bottles for the next feeding and adding to my stores when I knocked an entire bottle of pumped milk over. There were tears. The phrase, "There's no use in crying over spilled milk," is total bullshit to a pumping mother!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So true. Our sitter spilled some milk this week and I almost cried in front of her. I did cry on the way home. Ugh. I'm so sorry!
ReplyDelete