I returned to work and the babies started daycare on November 1. We both miss hanging out with them all day. Even though Chris has been at work most of this time, he works from home, so he came out from the office to see us several times a day.
Kate and Harrison are adjusting to daycare. Their center is across the street from my office, which is about 10 minutes from home, so it's nice they are very close. The teachers in their room are great. They have a weekly curriculum based on the month's theme. November is transportation month, so this week they are having "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" played during the day and they are fingerpainting cars. Last week's musical instrument was the trombone and apparently someone brought a trombone around to each class (no idea if it was an actual instrument or a kiddie plastic version). I'm not sure the babies are really engaged in these things, but I'm thrilled that they are given the opportunity to see, hear, and touch different things.
Our biggest concern is napping. They do not sleep nearly enough while they are there. I'm sure it's a combination of too many exciting things happening and not being given enough opportunities to sleep. I hope this improves as the novelty wears off for them and the teachers figure out when and how to get these two naps.
I count down the hours until I can go get them. Nothing at work feels as important as hanging out with Kate and Harrison. Besides the paycheck. Dang mortgages and cars and everything else. It doesn't help that I left for maternity leave with everything one way and came back to something completely different. I do my best to refrain from talking about work on the internet, so I'll just leave it at that.
We are so happy this is a short work week!
No comments:
Post a Comment