Sunday, February 12, 2012

13w0d & 14w0d: Family Hauler & A Cold

We had no doctor appointments in either week, so no peeks at the babies. However, we like to keep things moving around here.

First, Chris had back-to-back business trips. In between those two trips, we decided that our reliable and much loved Civics just aren't going to cut it with two little ones and all their gear. We had done quite a bit of research and knew exactly what we wanted. I had a supplier discount through work, so we searched the local dealerships' inventories until we found one that had the trim level and color we wanted. Then we showed up and told them which car we were buying and how much we'd be paying with the discount. It still took two hours to fill out all the paperwork, but we drove away with a shiny new GMC Acadia. We love it!! It has nice leather seats for the babies to barf on, Bose speakers to rock out to Rubber Ducky, a 3rd row for visitors, and the gas mileage to match! :-) We still have one of our Civics. 



I also got my first illness - a relentless cold. I have been so lucky to have a huge appetite with little nausea and no vomiting. But this cold came and has stuck around for two weeks and counting. Of course very few medicines are allowed during pregnancy. My doctor told me I could take plain sudafed after the first trimester. After a failed attempt at buying some on a Saturday night (thank you meth dealers, for making it so that I can't purchase cold medicine after 6:00 when all the pharmacists have gone home), I finally found some Sunday afternoon only to have the pharmacist tell me some doctors disagree with taking sudafed at all. Really? I'm miserable, I'll take my chances. 

Fast forward a few more days and the dang thing moved to my chest. I sound terrible and have coughed until my ribs hurt. I don't think the babies like all the moving around, but I think they are still growing!

13w0d

14w0d

No comments:

Post a Comment