Saturday, February 25, 2012

16w0d: MFM Appt & Told The Boss

We had the first check-up with the MFM on Wednesday at 15w5d. The primary purpose was to measure my cervix. We were also hoping for, but not expecting, a quick check on the babies. Our awesome ultrasound tech said she'd definitely take a look at them as well.

They grew! Both heart rates were 144bpm and while she didn't do a CRL measurement, I guessed using the scale on the side of the u/s pic that they are both about 10cm. She let us watch them bounce around for a while and she captured a few pictures for us to take home. Baby A is vertex and B is breech so their legs were near each other. When one kicked it jostled the other a little. So cute! The tech scheduled our anatomy scan for March 21. She said that it will be with a different tech but she wanted to stop by to see the babies again. I think she had almost as much fun as we did watching these two little cuties.

I also told the boss this week. My manager took a new position at the beginning of the year and in the interim, I'm reporting to the skip-level manager. He lives and works in New York and is new to the company. In other words, I don't know him that well. He was in town this week so I stopped by early one morning to let him know. He really could not have had a better reaction. When I explained that I will have more frequent doctor appointments and may have to work from home at some point he said to do whatever I need to do for these babies and me. To quote, "This is no time for heroics at work. It will all get done and will be here for you when you get back." Phew!

Baby A - 15w5d

Baby B - 15w5d

Baby B's little foot. Other leg is also visible; Baby had legs crossed.

16w0d


No comments:

Post a Comment