There are definitely kicking babies in there! I had been feeling flutters for about a week, but last Saturday (18w1d), I sat down after running errands and felt an unmistakable poke from a baby. A few nights ago they started moving around right as I got into bed and so I grabbed Chris's hand and he was able to feel them, too. This is the coolest thing we have ever felt. I feel them several times a day now, mostly when I sit down after I've been walking around for a while.
Our anatomy scan is next week and we can't wait to see how much they have grown. They will take detailed measurements, look for functioning organs, and check the umbilical cords and amniotic fluid levels. We hope to find out their sexes, too, but feeling those little feet and praying for healthy babies somehow makes that seem trivial. That's not going to stop us from enjoying shopping for boy and/or girl clothes though. :-)
We had a standard OB check-up last Friday at 18w0d and all is fine!
 |
| 18w0d |
 |
19w0d
P.S. I heard the following two comments within 20 seconds of each other
while walking to a meeting this afternoon. Can't win!
1) Your bump is small for 19 weeks
2) You look like you are starting to slow down |
There are many things I've forgotten about being pregnant but one thing a mom never forgets is those first little kicks. It's fun to share your excitment through your blog and phone calls. You look great!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAren't baby movements the BEST?! What was amazing to me was feeling how they would move inside me, then watching them move the same way as newborns. My heart is so full of joy and peace for you both!
ReplyDelete