I hope we haven't gone crazy. Both Chris and I think we hear the babies crying all the time. It usually happens when the babies are sleeping and there is something noisy preventing a clear ear-shot of possible crying. The worst culprits are the shower and sonicare toothbrushes. I can't tell you how many times I have turned off the shower thinking I hear both babies screaming right outside the door and all I hear is the faucet dripping. Keep in mind I shower in the evening while Chris hangs out with the babies downstairs. We have both walked, toothbrushes in hand, out of our bathroom and to the nightstand to look at the visual indicator on the audio monitor only to find it not picking up any sound. We swear we heard crying!
This is silly. Even if they are crying, it's not the end of the world. If they are awake, one of us is always with them and can respond to the crying. After we put them in their room for bedtime, one of us walks around with the monitor. If they happen to cry, they are in a safe place and they will be fine until we can get to them.
Things that we have heard 'cry':
Shower - every night
Sink faucets
Toothbrush
Breastpump
TV
Car engine
Train whistle
Sound of Chris cleaning the cat box
Lucy, particularly when she carries her favorite toy mouse around
Neighborhood dog barking
Silence, especially as both our heads hit the pillow
We are hoping this eventually goes away!
I hope it does go away for you! I do the same thing. Chris's sonicare toothbrush and dogs barking outside are the main culprits. :)
ReplyDeleteLorne and I used to do the same thing! Especially the shower. There were also several times I mistook the cats for crying.
ReplyDeleteI can totally see how this could happen! After only 6 days with you guys, I swore I was hearing babies cry in our (babyless) house.
ReplyDeleteGlad to know we are not alone and not totally crazy! Laurel, thank you - you reminded me that Lucy sounds like crying, too (list edited). In fact, usually one of us gets out of bed to help her along so she doesn't wake the babies.
ReplyDelete