Sunday, October 16, 2011

Accomplishments All Around

This weekend was eventful for our family:

Huge congratulations to my Mum who finished office time at her job last week. She will be on vacation for the next two months and will officially retire in mid-December. 

Happy Birthday on Saturday to Dad and Ally! I have always loved that you two share a birthday. 

Also on Saturday, Ally and Travis ran in a 10k race and totally rocked it. They finished in 46:54. Ally placed 4th out of 77 in her division. I am very impressed!!

On Sunday, Chris ran his second half marathon and knocked a little more than 2 minutes off his previous time. He finished in 1:55 and said he felt great the whole way. I am so proud of him! It would have been fun to run with him, but it was also fun to stand near the finish line and watch people complete 13.1 miles with my warm americano in my hand. Sidenote: the race colors were blue and orange. There were blue and orange balloons and flags lining the last 0.2 miles and the finish chute. I felt right at home. 

And finally, I had my first out-of-house injection. I'm supposed to give the Lupron shots at 7:00 am every day, but we had to leave the house at 5:45 and start walking toward the start line for Chris's 1/2 marathon by 6:45. I prepped a syringe at home and brought an ice pack, alcohol pads, and gauze with us. Traffic was terrible and we pulled into the parking lot at 6:40; just enough time for me to get that shot done without hesitation. I did it! And had my first bleeder. The nurse warned us that I would occasionally hit a capillary or small blood vessel and it would bleed. Guess that was one of those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment