Our suppression check appointment didn't start or end as expected. First, Dr. NFB started measuring a couple really tiny follicles, which confused me, because I'm not supposed to have any. I asked her if that was normal and she said I was behind schedule, but that more follicles would probably pop up. Wait, what?? Chris was super confused, too. Uh...Dr. NFB? I'm supposed to be suppressed. You do know that I'm on birth control pills and Lupron now, right?
Apparently there was some mix up between the nurse, what was written in my chart, and what Dr. NFB read. Whatever, she got it straightened out and re-evaluated my ovaries for suppression. And found a damn cyst. She said the blood work would tell us what that cyst was up to.
The nurse called with my results this afternoon. Sure enough, my super awesome ovaries function so well that I ovulated even though I'm on birth control pills and Lupron. The cyst was just a normal post-ovulation wound (happens to every woman for every follicle that ovulates - it's actually what releases progesterone to support an early pregnancy). My estrodiol level was 124; it should have been under 30. My progesterone was 5.4 and should have been less than 3. LAME!!!
I am really frustrated. I had a feeling this was going to happen. Not sure if it was because they overlapped the antibiotic too early in the pill part or if my ovaries are really just that stubborn. I would not doubt the latter at all. It also renewed my frustration that we are going through all of this even though my body appears to function exactly as it is designed.
The plan is to continue the pill and Lupron injections until next Tuesday when they'll recheck for suppression. That cyst should heal up all on its own in the meantime. My ER and ET have been pushed out at least a week. The nurse told me to not make any travel plans for Thanksgiving.
Icing on the cake: right as my call with the nurse was ending she said, "Oh, hey. When you come in next Tuesday, you need to pick up more syringes because you'll run out of your current supply." FML!!
Oh wow, no good words to say here. If it is not one thing it is another.
ReplyDeleteWe love you and wish we could offer more than just moral support.
Thank you, Mom! Moral support is perfect - I appreciate it!!
ReplyDeleteI think your ovaries just said, "Do it by self!" I'm so sorry this happened. I'm frustrated for you guys. Love you both lots.
ReplyDelete