I have this thing where I have a hard time accepting anything other than above-average. I've always been this way. Sixth grade we were exempt from weekly spelling tests if we got a 100% on every spelling related assignment during the week. Guess who rarely had to take that test? In high school if there was an AP class available, guess who took it? In college, I made it into the Honors Program. Grad school - finished 2nd in my class.
However, I can't mind-control my ovaries. I really wish I could because then those things would blow the doctors out of the water. After I left the office they would be making comments to each other like, "Have you ever seen such beautifully responding ovaries? Perfect follicles all growing at exactly the same rate. Wouldn't it be wonderful if every patient responded so well!"
As you have probably guessed by now, I didn't receive such a glowing report. The nurses aren't standing around admiring pictures of my ovaries. Chris says everything is great and that I'm working myself up. He's right. I just can't get over that Dr. NFB casually uttered the words, "you are a little behind." Daggers to the heart of a competitive stubborn girl! Of course nothing else she said seems to matter.
She measured five follicles in my right ovary and six in my left. All were between 4mm and 7mm.
Positives: I have 11 growing follicles all around the same size. Dr. NFB really didn't seem concerned; she said I might have to stim for an extra day or two. I consulted Dr. Google and it seems long Lupron may cause a slower response to stims. I'm on super extended bonus track Lupron. And, I found anecdotes where people only measured 10 or so follicles at the initial scans, but ended up with 15-20 at retrieval.
Negatives: I want to know where the other nine antral follicles are. This one is not a huge deal, but I'm probably going to need to order more meds.
I had blood drawn to check estradiol (E2). Dr. NFB said she'd make a decision on dosages after she saw my blood work. No phone call meant to continue with what I have been doing. I never heard from them, so I'll keep the same dose for three more days. The always-more-positive Chris says that's a good sign - the follicles are doing well enough that they left the dose the same. The normal obsessive part of me wants to know what that E2 level was, but it really doesn't matter. I have no idea what it means and it will just give me more crap to google when I should be doing something else.
So - that's it until we have another look on Friday!
lucky 11 for sure. And on 11/11/11 you have a birthday! Hope that "Jackpot" date gives you good test results!
ReplyDeleteLove you lots!