Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Trigger is Done

Chris did an excellent job. His face was white when I turned around afterward, but he didn't pass out. The nurse drew circles on my backside with a Sharpie this morning so Chris knew exactly where to inject the hCG trigger and the upcoming progesterone-in-oil. I iced it for about 30 seconds, cleaned with an alcohol swab, and Chris injected the needle with no hesitation. This was an intramuscular injection so the needle was a bit bigger than what I had been using for my stomach (25 gauge, 1.5" vs. 27 or 28 gauge, 0.5"). I barely felt the poke and didn't feel the fluid plunge at all. Besides the fact that this will leave a knot in my muscle, it hurt less than the stims - I nicknamed them Follistim Fire and Pur Burn.

1 comment:

  1. Well Done! You both get an A+ in Needles 101. I'm sure glad I don't have to take that course, though I would be willing to take some of the stabs for you if I could. Sorry you're uncomfortable. I'll be thinking about you throughout the day tomorrow. Please know that we're there in spirit. Sending lots of love and prayers.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete