I had my fourth monitoring appointment this morning. Dr. NFB measured 15 follicles again, same distribution as last time: six in my right ovary, nine in my left. We could immediately tell the follicles had grown when they showed up on the ultrasound screen. They are starting to squish together. However, they are not collectively big enough yet to trigger. More stim injections tonight and back to the office tomorrow morning for another check.
The nurse called this afternoon with my E2 results. It is doubling every 48 hours. 11/11: 710, 11/13: 1400; 11/15: 2809. This led Dr. NFB to drop my Follistim dose to 100iu tonight. The nurse said this means we will probably trigger tomorrow night and retrieve on Friday. But Dr. NFB will make the final decision after the scan and blood work tomorrow.
I'm really pulling for Friday - I'm ready to get the show on the road and I have sick leave I'd like to use up. My abdomen is done being stuck; the skin is bruised, tender to touch, and it hurts to have anything pushing on it including my pants, which were unbuttoned and covered by a long baggy shirt today. Also, Dr. NFB isn't working this weekend so if we retrieve on Saturday, it will be with a different doctor. I know they are all very competent, I just want my own doctor.
Here is a histogram of today's scan (I also redid the scale on the one from 11/13 so its easier to see the progression):

Thanks for the update. We're pulling for retrieval on Friday. Love you tons and wish we could be more helpful.
ReplyDelete