Disclaimer: This is written under the influence of propofol, versed, zofran, and vicodin.
The retrieval is done. I'm back home. We showed up at 7:00 and they started getting me prepped. I changed into a gown, socks and a hair cover. The nurse anesthetist then took me into the procedure room and hooked me up to an oxygen mask and blood pressure, pulse, and heart rate monitors. She started an IV and at 7:25 pushed the cocktail of drugs. That's it - that's all I remember until they woke me up to bring me into the recovery room.
The embyrologist came in to the recovery room to tell me that they retrieved eight eggs. He doesn't yet know how many of those are mature. I'm really discouraged and there may have been tears when he said that. I expected all 11 of the largest follicles to have eggs and maybe one or two bonus eggs from the smaller follicles. After we got in the car I made Chris go back in to ask the nurse how that happened. Did I really have 3+ empty follicles? Did I start to ovulate on my own in the past 24 hours? The nurse was busy so we are waiting for a phone call back.
We stopped at Starbucks on the way home (I sat in the car) so I could get my turkey bacon and egg white sandwich. My reward. :-) I've taken vicodin for the pain and will just take it easy for the rest of the day. Maybe Lucy will snuggle up with me soon.
I'm glad the procedure went well. Have a nice restful afternoon with Chris and Lucy. Loving husbands and kitties do have a way of bringing peace and calm. Rest well.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad everything went well. Will say prayers for your healing and for your 8 eggs to all fertilize.
ReplyDelete