Dr. NFB walked into our 5th monitoring appointment this morning and said we are triggering tonight. My E2 levels are too high to keep taking the stims. I asked her what the concern was with the E2 levels and she said if they get too high they start worrying about ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. I'm not at a high risk because they will only aspirate 11-15 follicles (over 20 is higher risk), but still something to watch.
She will also prescribe Estrace to prevent an estrogen crash. Everyone around me is thankful for that. The Lupron took it down to non-existant (5 pg/ml at baseline vs. the 2809 pg/ml I had as of yesterday). We called it Rage in a Vial or Tears in a Vial depending on what irrational reaction I had to something benign.
Chris: What do you want for dinner tonight?
Me: You want ME to decide what we are having for dinner??? I have to stick myself with needles, I have a headache from them, and just want a nap on the couch. And you have to go and ask me what I want for dinner.
Chris: You're right, the medicine sucks. I just thought I'd see what sounds good to you. How about pancakes? And here is a hug and there is the couch.
Chris's head: Really? That pissed her off?? I think it would be better for everyone if she just parks it on the couch and says nothing for the rest of the evening.
My head: Yikes, I'm bitchy. Injecting rage every morning is not good for interpersonal relationships.
Thankfully that went away as soon as I started stims.
Dr. NFB measured 11 follicles this morning. She didn't bother measuring the others even though they are still there. She said they will probably not mature in time for the retrieval on Friday. We inject the hCG trigger tonight at 8:30pm!

No comments:
Post a Comment