You know how when you are thinking about buying a new car and then suddenly everywhere you look, you see someone driving that car? You wonder, "Was there a special sale I missed? How did these instantly become super popular? I swear I didn't see this many on the road two weeks ago."
Well, not being pregnant is JUST like that. Only worse. Because a car is a car - you can save up for it, buy it on a whim, or find a different car to be excited about. Not so with your genetic material.
Seeing pregnant ladies, hearing about pregnancy, seeing babies and baby things makes me anxious. I have a hard time with Facebook news feeds these days. At least 40%-50% of my news feed is baby related.
I generally do what I can to avoid running into baby related situations. I don't surf around on the internet picking out nursery themes or walk down the baby aisle at Target. I stay as far away as possible. However, it seems that no matter how much I try to avoid it, I run into it all.the.time. I give you this weekend as my case in point.
Our plans: lots of yardwork on Saturday, watch Boise St play in the evening. Run a couple errands and do nothing on Sunday. Seems pretty un-baby related right? Ok, so here is how things really went down:
Saturday: do some yardwork, come inside and check Facbook. In my news feed: a pregnancy announcement, two babies decked out in Husky gear, and someone asking for a recommendation on baby gates. The baby gate lady was actually someone who started trying the same time we did; they have a 9 month old.
Saturday night: Chris and I were watching football. A commercial comes on about some couple looking all over town for an apartment, but it's all ok because they were driving a fuel efficient Chevy. For some reason the lady was like 8 months pregnant. Really? This is a CAR commercial and I'm watching FOOTBALL.
Sunday: at a party supply store. Found the wedding decorations for my sister's bachelorette party only to discover that it shares an aisle with all the baby shower stuff. Because marriage and babies go together like peas and carrots. Go to Target - of course the medicine we need is the same aisle as the baby food. Go to Giant Eagle, see an open space, and then read the sign that says, "For Expectant Mothers or Mothers with Young Children." And finally, return home and hop on Target's website to find out more information about something we had just bought. Their home page is a giant picture of a smiling baby and the phrase, "woohoo! it's the baby sale." F YOU WORLD.

No comments:
Post a Comment